Well we had our first 2 classes yesterday. They were AWESOME! We learned so much already. We can hardly wait til our next class, which will be this Thursday. We have 4 classes to make up because we're kind of coming in nearly half-way through. No biggie. We'll do one make-up this Thur, another one on the 20th and then we'll just have the first two classes to make up after that. Honestly, I think anyone even CONSIDERING becoming a parent, whether it be biological or adoption should take these classes. We learned things we could come home and apply with Liam. Really makes you see the error of your ways though.
Another big milestone we achieved this weekend was the "big announcement" to Jay's parents! Liam had already told my mom last weekend, and surprisingly she took it pretty well. To our big surprise, Jay's parents did as well. Whew! So then Jay came home and posted it on Facebook....so the whole world knows now!!! lol
I really feel like God is leading us through this whole process. I feel so peaceful. So excited. So hopeful. I know God's got our back every step of the way!
We also got a ton of information in the mail from 2 different agencies we had contacted. It's a little overwhelming...all the information they'll need, the forms, background checks, fingerprints, interviews, home study, fire inspection....it's a lot to all sink in. When you look at the "big picture" it seems like sooooooo much, but one.step.at.a.time. Right??
No comments:
Post a Comment